Veteran Family Services Program
Our Mission: We are committed to helping veterans and their Families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless overcome barriers to housing and ultimately transition the entire veteran family unit into stable housing environments.
Santa Clara County has highest percentage of un-sheltered homeless veterans in the United States. The Veteran Family Services (VFS) program serves this population and is supported by Office of Veterans Affairs and Goodwill of Silicon Valley. The VFS program goals are to serve the entire veteran family and to reduce homelessness of military veterans within the Santa Clara County.
VFS program provides an array of services and is a tremendous resource for any homeless or any soon to be homeless veteran. Below is a summary of services provided and documents required to enroll in the Veteran Family Services program.
- Financial Assistance
- Child Care
- Employment Services
- Access to VA Benefits
- Family Counseling
- Public Benefits
- Legal Assistance
Eligibility Criteria & Documents Required:
- Valid Identification, (Military ID, Passport, State ID)
- Social Security Card, (each family member)
- DD 214 form
- Must meet certain incme criteria and provide verification of ALL Household Income
- Must provide Bank Statements
- Copy of Current Lease/Rental Agreement
- Verification of Residence
- Eviction Notice (If applicable)
- Must be families with children or can be just adult individuals
- Veterans who have served at least one day of active duty, discharge can be anything but "Dishonorable"
Check out GWSV's Veteran Services on Facebook: