Goodwill is committed to providing community services through environmentally responsible means.
We strive not only to reduce our carbon footprint, but to help you with yours as well. Anything that can’t be re-purposed to fit your life is recycled through our certified programs. In 2014, Goodwill of Silicon Valley diverted over 40 million pounds of goods from local landfills.
When cleaning our your home, you can notice that clutter motivates us to rid ourselves of unwanted items that weigh us down.
- Donate your gently used clothing, books, furniture and household items. If you are in Santa Clara County, Goodwill has a convenient location nearby for you to drop off those donations. See our donations page for your drop off address.
- Create a compost pile with your tree trimmings and yard clippings. Summer gardens will thrive on your creation.
- Drop off your e-waste at Goodwill. We are a state certified e-waste collector. All of the e-waste we collect goes to a state certified e-waste recycler that is required to meet the highest of standards in the dis-assembly and recycling of e-waste materials.
Keep the Green going…
As long as your thinking green, try these easy tips that will contribute to a healthier planet.
- Fill your bottle with filtered tap water. Learn about the harmful effects of bottled water on our environment by clicking on filterforgood.com. Filtering your own water and using reusable beverage containers will make a health impact on the environment and your wallet
- Give your water heater a blanket. Wrapping a water heater with insulation can keep as many as 1,000 pounds of global-warming CO2 a year out of the upper atmosphere.
- Switch from disposable to reusable products: food and beverage containers, cups, plats, writing pens, razors, towels, shopping bags, etc.