You can find an attended donation site (ADS) or retail store in your area by clicking on the map at right.
We regret that we cannot accept all household items. Some items we cannot legally sell. Other items are hazardous or not in demand at our stores and create an enormous disposal cost for us.
Goodwill of Silicon Valley currently accepts all donations EXCEPT for the following:
- Household trash
- Large appliances
- Automobile parts
- Construction debris — lumber, concrete, bricks, etc.
- Furniture in need of repair – soiled, stained, missing pieces, etc.
- Hazardous household chemicals or liquids of any kind — paints, insecticides, oils, flammables, alcohol, etc.
- Weapons of any kind
Exceptions to this rule:
- Mattresses are accepted at any of our stores that receive donations or at our main plant for a $10 recycling fee.
- Scrap metal and plastic will be accepted — not subject to donation receipt — at our main plant facility.
- We are also a certified e-waste collector. You can drop off your residential e-waste free of charge at any of our donation centers.