Goodwill recognizes that the information explosion has put companies and individuals at risk from the misuse of confidential information. Goodwill formed a separate entity called GoodEx Services, Inc., which shares the mission of Goodwill of Silicon Valley. Our goal is to assist individuals with disabilities or other barriers to obtain productive and valuable training and employment. Our GoodEx Services division actively seeks to employee people with disabilities and provides a safe and accommodating environment in which to work. Seventy-five percent of all the work done by GoodEx Services, Inc is done by people with disabilities and we, at GoodEx Services, have a goal to raise that to 100%. Our convenient and socially responsible service has earned a solid reputation throughout the Silicon Valley. “Document Destruction has never been so easy”.
DOCUMENT DESTRUCTION SAFEGUARDS AND ENSURES SECURITY
Not only does GoodEx Services, Inc offer;
- Competitive rates
- Safety and security
- Convenience and reliability
- Locked and secured containers at your business
- 24-hour video surveillance of shredding facility
- Our employees undergo the highest standard of background checks in the industry
But, in addition to the above, all your dollars spent on keeping your business and its customers safe are used to support our programs to employee and train people with disabilities. “It’s a win win situation for both service provider and customer”.
OUR DOCUMENT DESTRUCTION SERVICES, STEP BY STEP
Here’s how our service works:
- We place secure, locked bins at your place of business, where you drop documents and records to be destroyed.
- We regularly pick up the bins and replace them with empty bins.
- We take the full bins to our secure, state-of-the-art facility.
- The bins are weighed, the documents shredded, and the paper is baled.
- Once your documents are shredded, you will receive a Certificate of Destruction as proof that your documents have been destroyed.
- The shredded paper is recycled.
WHAT DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE DESTROYED?
In order to be compliant with the various state and federal laws and protect businesses, stockholders, employees, and customers/patients, all confidential and outdated material should be destroyed.
- Any document, which contains confidential material (designs, proposals, plans, and drafts of such information.).
- Any document which could be used for the purpose of identity theft (social security numbers, customer lists, credit applications, tax returns, etc).
- Any document which could cause harm in the hands of criminals or competitors (canceled checks, price lists, business plans, credit card numbers)
- Any document which is mandated to be protected by laws such as HIPAA (healthcare), GLB (financial) or FACTA (general).
- Any non-paper item which could cause harm in the hands of criminals (security uniforms, employee identification cards, product packaging, out of spec products, recalled products, etc.)
“With growing concern about identity theft, medical confidentiality, corporate espionage, terrorism, and other hazards linked to the unsecured transmission of information, document destruction has become an almost obligatory step in the disposal of paper produced by most businesses and organizations in the United States.”-- According to Robert Johnson, Executive Director of the National Association for Information Destruction, Inc. (NAID).
CONTACT US TODAY TO SECURE YOUR COMPANY’S CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Goodwill of Silicon Valley
1080 North 7th Street
San Jose CA 95112