Network Plus Certification at Goodwill
Why should I pick the Information Technology (IT) industry as a career?
- IT workers entry level pay ranges from $15 to $24 per hour. Plus upto 56% wage increase in the first 3 years.
- IT workers have been estimated to earn 74 percent more than other entry level workers.
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that there will be more than 1.4 million IT jobs created by 2020 that require computer science and programming skills, but only 400,000 computer science college graduates will fill those jobs. So 1 Million more IT workers will be needed and they will come from places, like the Stride Center at Goodwill.
- Currently 1 in 17 jobs statewide are IT related which ranks 12th among California industries by employee counts.
- All sectors of the economy and all types of organizations (From Fortune 500 companies, to Small Business to Local government) will become increasingly dependent on technology and technology services. Furthering demand for qualified and certified candidates. The exact type of candidates that graduate from the Stride Center at Goodwill!
- Average starting pay for a+ graduates in 2015 was $19.30 per hour.
2017 Summer Program Overview
The A+ course is designed for individuals who are seeking an IT career in technical support and seeking Network Plus Certification. The program will kickstart your tech career by preparing you for entry-level jobs such as PC technician, IT Help Desk Specialist, Desktop Customer Support Specialist, and Network Support Specialist. It is recommended that before beginning the A+ training that applicants have some foundational knowledge of computer technologies and the aptitude to learn a large volume of information in a relatively short period of time. Read full course overview (PDF)
Course Dates: May 1, 2017 – July 14, 2017
Course Hours: Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday 6:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Course Duration: 11 weeks, 99 hours
Course Cost: Cost is based on income. We welcome low income participants!
To apply, click here:
For more info, contact Juan or Jannette.
Email: (In Subject Line please write "San Jose class") firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Phone: Juan (510) 978-4524 Jannette (510) 269-2442
In order to qualify for The Stride Center job training course(s), the applicant must:
- Highly motivated and willing to work hard to get ahead.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a resident of California. Located in San Jose area.
- Provide proof of age, residence, and income.
- High School -or- GED
- COMP TIA A+ Certified
Frequently Asked Questions
Stride Center works with many of the Bay Area’s top employers and recruiting agencies. These Stride Center employment partners recognize our graduates during the interview process which garners our candidates a competitive advantage over other applicants. Stride Center students still need to compete for the positions, but Stride Center candidates do receive special consideration and are more heavily weighted than other candidates. Employment partners include: Proactive Solutions, Nerd Crossing, Advent, Robert Half, Contra Costa County, Genentech, Best Buy, Alameda County, Compucom, Kaiser and UCSF. The average wage for positions with these employment partners starts at $19.25